The prestigious Colombian designer, Rodrigo Torres, recognized as one of the Top 10 design in Latin America, has designed for ZAVOTTI a collection of interior pieces, which will soon be released.
Colombian industrial designer, specialized in product design, graduated from the Jorge Tadeo Lozano University in Bogotá in 1998, with a master’s degree in design from the Domus Academy in Milan in 1999. In 1997 he won the prize of the Santo Domingo Foundation as one of the best students of design from Colombia and made his stage at the CID (central industrial design) of Whirlpool Europe, Italy. He worked for five years in the studio of Stefano Giovannoni in Milan developing products for prestigious brands worldwide.
He has won the following international design awards:
- 3 “Lápiz de Acero” Awards (Colombia) with: Sofa “Morfeo” by Domodinamica (2005), the chair “Manta” by Poliform (2008) and the taps “Alessi Sense” by Oras (2016).
- Red Dot Award 2016 (Germany) with the smart faucet “Alessi Sense” by Oras / Hansa.
- Spark Design Award 2017 (USA) with the “Torres” urban lighting collection from Landscapeforms USA.
- Good Design Award 2017 (USA) with the smart faucet “Alessi Sense” by Oras / Hansa.
- Good Design Award 2017 (USA) with the “Signature” stove from Challenger (Colombia)
- Good Design Award 2017 (USA) with the “Signature” oven from Challenger (Colombia)
- Good Design Award 2017 (USA) with the “Signature” extractor hood from Challenger (Colombia)
- Red Dot Award 2018 (Germany) with the “Torres” urban lighting collection from Landscapeforms USA.
- Good Design Award 2018 (USA) with the “Delta” chair from Zientte (Colombia)
- Good Design Award 2018 (USA) with the “Delta” table of Zientte (Colombia)
Since 2004 as an independent designer, he has designed products for important brands worldwide such as Alessi (Italy), Poliform (Italy), Oras (Finland), Cassina IXC (Japan), Nike (USA), Landscapeforms (USA), Potocco (Italy), Miller (with IA Collaborative USA), Microsoft XBOX (With MNML USA), Domodinamica (Italy), Challenger (Colombia) and Zientte (Colombia) among others.
His work has been published in important books, web portals and design magazines worldwide. He has been a professor of the Masters of Product and Interaction Design at the Domus Academy in Milan and the Instituto Europeo di Design in Turin. He has lectured at the Triennale in Milan and at the main universities in Colombia, Italy and Mexico.